Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Housewife

I always say dream ko maging housewife. And now that I already know how it feels to be one, binabawi ko na =P

When my contract ended barely a month ago, my handsome hubby-with-a-makabugto-ug-bra-bedroom-voice, asked me to stop working while we are waiting for my Visa and just devote my time studying nihongo. Of course pumayag din ako since dream ko nga maging housewife lang and aside from that, I need to learn nihongo.

So since then, my routine would be from 1-5:30 pm I have nihongo class, go home after and study and make assignments. (One time while watching Regine Velasquez's concert, I was memorizing vocabulary words). Then talk to my husband over the net, chat with whoever is awake at 2-3 am who is usually Claire. And then go to bed.

I love the part where I can wake up late and watch my favorite TV shows like Boy and Kris, TV Patrol, Deal or No Deal, Isabella, Natutulog Ba Ang Dyos. But what I don't like and I think will never get used to is, trying to scrimp because of the fact that I don't work anymore and there will be no more walk in the bank every 2 weeks. I can always ask my husband for more honey este money, but I'm not comfortable with asking him for my facial, pedicure, hair color and many more ka eklatan. This should have been easy for me because I was raised a spoiled papa's girl who gets everything I want, but when I became financially independent for 7 years, it's difficult to fill that shoes again. I learned that there is something better than being spoiled, it's that power of getting what I want, when I want it and nobody cares why I want it.

Not that I still want to be that selfish, but I just don't like to depend on "another person" for my girlie wants.

Good thing this is just temporary, now I know why my husband detests on my idea of wanting to be his housewife. I used to tease/pester him that I just want to be ala Gretchen Baretto, maybe that is why he made me this, but without the Louis Vittons and bodyguards.

Okay baby, I rest my case.

2 comments:

aneshka said...

hala! ako di ko makonsesya gasto sa wawarts hehehe. Ako man gud ang gacontrol so dali lang magkuha hehehe

Ria May said...

grabe man gud ko ka gasturera.. as in daghan kaayo ko ginamaintain na ka eklatan. unya akong bana kay super ka kuripot.. mao ma kunsensya ko. tsk tsk.