Friday, April 27, 2007

The How

Okay before I start mumbling about the preparations, it think it's just right to spill the tale on how it all started. I heard some terrible judgements why I'm getting married so fast, 1. That I am pregnant.. well I can't blame you on that though, but NO I AM NOT. 2. That I am still not over my ex, and I am just pressured to get married because he is getting married at the end of this month. Eeeww.. that's too cliche an issue already. I am actually, genuinely happy for him and I hope some people can move on. hehehe. Isa pa, it has been proven time and again that you can never pressure a man to marry you. Lumuha ka man ng dugo, humingi ka man ng 15 million worth of engagement ring, if he is not ready or at least see you as his wife, walang kasal na mangyayari kahit maghintay ka pa ng isang dekada. devah?

It all started last October if you still remember my entry in my old blog when Dan gave me the ring. It was spontaneous, we were walking along the train station and he gave me the giftbox with the ring in it and said I am the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with. The 10 diamonds mean the latest will be 10 months. There was no definite date yet at that time because he still has to see through his company's stability when he gets back to the Philippines. It wasn't your usual proposal, my cynical me even thought maybe it's just his hobby to give diamond rings. hehehe. After all that I have witnessed from previous relationships of my friends or even mine, I simply stopped believing in engagement.

I wanted to tell my friends that I was 'kinda' enganged but I don't want to jinx it. At the back of my mind I thought he wasn't serious about it.

Then came March when he asked me again about the date, he even wanted to get married right away at that month, kaya daw niya ang 2 weeks preparation, kahit sya na daw lahat gagawa. We just have many possible career opportunities going to happen on the second half of the year, that is why we wanted to marry before July. But I said I want a well-prepared wedding naman with a significant date. I really wanted to do it on my birthday month which is May because, first I'm really forgetful about dates so when it's done days after my birthday, it wouldn't be hard to remember our anniversary.. bwehehehe. Second, I don't want to be a June bride hehehe.

I asked my planner friend if it is feasible to have a wedding on May and he said yes, so I originally planned it to be May 19. But June 2 is the only available schedule in my church at St. Paul Parish. I grew up going to that church and I don't want to be married anywhere else. So June 2 it is. =)

And so that's it, I am getting married, simply because Dan wants to marry me, no pressure and all. =) And if it seem so fast to you, it's because, hindi man sa pagmamayabang, he has the money to spend now, he is spending for everything and all I had to do was choose a date that I like.

And like what Harry said to Sally, "if you found someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, you can't wait to start the rest of your life right away."

3 comments:

emmz said...

kaka-inspire!

i'm happy for you and dan girl! kumusta sa imohang pamanhon... ;)

Ria May said...

hi emmz! so nice to see you here. Invited ka namo ni Dan sa wedding ha. With your fabulous jetsetting lifestyle, hope you can grace us with your lovely presence in Davao. hehehe. =)

emmz said...

june 2? hehehe... murag di man makaya sa powers ri kay gikan ra ko nibakasyon... nahurot na tanan hehehe

but will be wishing you well on your wedding day and for your life ever after ;)

i'll view the pics na lang unya :)