Monday, February 25, 2008

Bad Hair Days

I called the Salon to make a weekend appointment for haircut and hair color, then I realized my dry scalp also badly needs of moisture so I added hot oil. Since I'm already at it I figured to just do a complete overhaul with a facial, manicure and pedicure. So there, I was slated for an early 10 am appointment for the next day, it's rather early but I have to make it on time if I am serious about beautifying myself, you know how strict Japanese are with appointments.

But alas! the following day I woke up at 11 am... I was so so late! Before I could grab my phone to take my chance on my appointment, I realized it's just a dream, heck I can't even speak nihonggo to make that appointment! And of course, I don't have that money to waste for those kind of services.

I guess my subconscious is missing my regular salon visits back home, as well as my aching ingrown toe nails. How I miss our condo in MET where my favorite salon was just in the ground floor. For only P100 I could just ask Bong, the stylist to blow dry my hair straight if I just feel like having a straight hair for the day. He is also the best colorist I know coz hindi "nangangalawang" yung color even if 4 months have passed when I had it done.

I have been wanting to grow my hair long but I didn't realize it's so hard to maintain a very, very curly long hair without the help of those trims and hot oil treatments. I didn't even bring my ever reliable virgin coconut oil! Every day, it takes at least 10 minutes to untangle every strand and now, I can't sleep without the hair clamp Rose gave me because I had to tie it up while sleeping or else that 10 minutes will become 30 minutes just for the hair alone.

I love my hair now, but I think I have to give it up. Not that I'll go bald, but I am thinking of having my hair shorter for easier maintenance. I wonder if these styles will work for me, hehe.



No comments: