Monday, February 25, 2008

Eggs and Buffalo

I'm in search for light meals that doesn't require pork or beef in accordance to this season of lent. I found this Egg in Tomato Sauce recipe which is just perfect. I tried it, it tastes goood but because I have no talent in cooking eggs in any style(they just manage to appear ugly), I opted to post the pic from the blog where I got the recipe instead.

I followed the recipe (saute garlic, put the tomato sauce and the rest of the seasonings, then break the egg) but I made changes with the ingredients because some are not available here.

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
tomato sauce
dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt, black pepper, & cayenne pepper or chilli pepper to taste
1-2 eggs per person (up to eight)
parmesan cheese

Try it for your breakfast, or light dinner... i now love the taste of egg and tomatoes together!

**********

Because it's just impossible to satisfy my hubby with just an egg for dinner, especially when he only had bread for lunch (yeah bad wife), I made him Buffalo Wings which I just discovered is easy to make. Yes it's the same buffalo wings we enjoy at Don Hen's or Hooters in Singapore.

Ingredients
chicken wings (cut the small part of the wing)
oil for deep frying

for the chicken breading:
1 dash pepper , Ground
1 dash garlic powder
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon paprika or chilli pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

for the chili sauce:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup hot sauce (or depending how hot you want it)

Mild: Use 3/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup hot sauce.
Hot: Use 1/4 cup butter and 3/4 cup hot sauce.


Directions:
  • mix the breading
  • wash and dry the chicken
  • completely coat the chicken with the breading.
  • chill for at least an hour (This will help the breading to stick to the wings when fried.)
  • deep fry the chicken until brown
  • place in a paper towel or strainer to drain the oil
  • Then melt the butter, mix in the hot sauce
  • pour the chicken into the pan to coat it with the butter and hot sauce mixture
  • serve hot
I served this during our house warming and little Chelsey's mexican themed birthday party.. and the guests loved it! I am sure you will love it too! =)

No comments: