Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cold Pasta Salad

I discovered this dish new to my taste buds when we were in this fab buffet restaurant at Canal City, and the line to the tacos was long, so I tried this what they call Pasta Salad for appetizer instead. I don't really like pasta on mayonaise but surprisingly, I loved it. I love the taste of garlic, vinegar, cucumber and tomatoes together.

Last night, I had a craving for it, so I made my own version of Cold Pasta Salad. Hubby hates anything with mayonaise(like he never touches macaroni salad) and vinegar, but he got curious of what I was eating, tried it and was able to finish one bowl and just then did I tell him the truth which he answered with a shock, "huh? may mayonoaise at suka pala yun??" then shrugged it off with "sige gawaan mo pa ako ng isa pa please..".

Oh my, one of my resolution for 2008 is to lose weight, but I can't help it, I just love cooking and eating. The New Year hasn't quite kicked in yet and I'm about to break one of my resolutions. tsk tsk.

Anyways for those who are curious to try this Pasta Salad, let me share with you the recipe.

Ingredients:
Pasta (spaghetti, curly, macaroni, etc..)
Cucumber cubed (optional)
Carrots minced (optional)
Tomatoes cubed (optional)
Bell Pepper minced
Parsley
fried bacon

for the sauce:
1 cup mayonaise
2 tsp cider vinegar
dash of sugar
salt and pepper to taste
onion powder
garlic powder

How to:
Cook the pasta. Mix the vegetables and bacon with it. Then cover it with the sauce. Shower it with parsley and lots and lots of Parmesan cheese! Add some croutons and chill (or not, you can eat it right away if you want).

No comments: