Wednesday, June 6, 2007

At Last!


Tapos na rin lahat and im so happy kasi everything went perfectly. May isang glitch lang, which is yung pagka-late ng food.. pero everything else was perfect! I love my wedding. Now it is time to rate the Davao suppliers from 1-10 being the highest.

  • Gown (8.5) - Too bad I cannot mention his name but he is good. yung mananahi lang ata niya ang hindi malinis magtahi. I mean medyo obvious na ndi natutukan ng maayos, my pouch bag has no beads as promised. Yung veil ko is not pantay ang tahi, so Oniel and I had to find a lace para itahi sa sides ng veil para gumanda... pero the designer offered to sew it for free. But okay lang... for me kasi gown is not that important, basta lang it was finished on time and fits well, basta maganda ka.. keri mo na kahit ndi pantay yung skirt hehehe. With the price he gave me... wala na akong irereklamo pa.
  • Make Up (9.5) - Donna and Ching of Hair and Streaks Salon in Ilustre. Her package is cheap for 4k and 5 kami. The plus factor is they arrived on time... as in 5 am was the call time and they arrived 4:58 am. Nahihilo pa si Lizette and Georgia hehe. For me punctuality is very important for the make up artist. kasi pag late sila dumating... late na lahat. Ang ganda pa ng gawa niya.. my bridesmaids look so stunning and natural ang make up. But I have to take out .5 from her point kasi inubos niya kilay ko! waaahhh
  • Photographer and Video (10) - Kenneth Arquiza of Edit Station One is really meticulous. Ang daming demands like ayaw niya nasa bed ang gown, ayaw niya maraming tao sa hotel room...etc.. pero tama naman sya. He arrived on time.. kami lang ang late kaya pinpressure niya ang make up artist. hahaha. nakakatawa talaga sila. I havent seen his finished product but for his performance that day i will give him a perfect 10. He even suggested to twist the program rather than waiting in vain when the food arrived late.
  • Choir (10++) - Ateneo Alumni Choir or the Voice Box was the best! thats why i have to give them a ++. At the church, I had to ask Dan ilan ang choir kasi their voices were so powerful akala mo 10 tao yung kumakanta. 4 lang pala sila. They are the reason why the ceremony in the church became very solemn. Plus they serenaded us well during our lunch. I don't have his contact number, but their leader Jeremy can be found in Yamaha School of music infront of Victoria Plaza.
  • Event Stylist (10 +++) - Everyone was amazed with the artist's work. Ang ganda ng reception, grabe! All I said was the theme to be sweet japanese, and i really requested for a sakura tree. Sabi niya gagawa na lang daw sya ng sakura out of a japanese paper... pero ang ginawa niya, he bought plastic sakura and put it in a tree branch. Perfect talaga. it looked so real. I'm not sure if I can advertise his name here. If you want his number just leave a message here.
  • Food and Venue (9) - Tulip Grand Plaza was the perfect choice of venue because it is new and it is near our house and the church. So it was easier to transport things from the house to the venue. They have a cheap package and Sherwin and Abigail were so accommodating. Nainis lang ako kasi late dumating yung food. Yun lang glitch nila. Guests were impressed with the Wine Parade, sosyal na sosyal. Akala nila gumastos kami dun. Actually bumili lang kami ng 2 tetra pack (3 liters each) of Franzia and yung performance is free of charge by waiters of Tulip Grand Plaza.
  • Lovestory and Prenup AVP (10) - Syempre kasi gawa ng brother ko na very artistic. After the video, pumalakpak ang mga bisita, which just means ndi ako biased when I say he did a job well done. Sa mga kakasalin, kay kuya na kayo magpagawa habang mura pa sya. hehehe. I will ask him to upload the video sa net so you can see the sample.
  • Our Song (10 ++) - Catherine Lucedra-Pascu my barkada, arranged my poem to a song para yun ang first gift ko sa hubby ko. She is perfect! ang galing. I didn't realize she is that good until i first heard it during our recording sa Polyfusion studio. Plus ang ganda ng boses niya, as clear as glass and as cool as spring breeze. Sabi ng bisita ndi daw usual corny song yung kanta. =)
  • Jogue's Apartelle (10) - This is where we bilet our guests from Manila and Cebu. My friends enjoyed their stay there, some even extended their stay there kahit na we recommended more cheaper alternative.
  • Emcee (10) - Don Gonzales, he is the most expensive emcee in Davao but he is worth every cent. He was just our backup coz Popong, my friend couldn't make it at the last minute. But na lang his schedule was free that day.
  • Oniel Victoriano (10++++) - The best wedding planner one can have. I owe my beautiful wedding to the effort of my barkada. From day 1 he made sure everything will be perfect. Dan and I were not stressed even for a bit. Sabi nila ndi ka daw makakatulog the night before the wedding.. pero i was able to sleep soundly because I had nothing to worry about. There was no dull moment during the reception. He even met with my visitors from Manila at Jogues and gave them lists of places to go in Davao. Kaya they were able to tour davao by themselves.

4 comments:

emmz said...

congrats ri! :) give my congratulations to dan as well! :)

margiesan426 said...

Hi Ms. Riamay,

I'm Marge and I'm glad to have found your blog. There's a lot of stuff i wanted to ask since nabasa ko that u held your wedding sa Tulip Grand Plaza and your japanese theme wedding (gusto ko rin kasi ng japanese theme eh!). :)
Unfortunately for me, i could not really do the "canvassing" in Davao since I'm working here in manila. Really glad to find blogs who provides feedback regarding the suppliers. I hope you dont' mind me asking these questions..:)

1. San church kyo nagpakasal, where its near to Tulip?

2. Where is Jogue's Apartelle located?

3. Magkano talent Fee ni Don Gonzales?

4. Can i ask for the name and contact number of your event stylist?

Incase you want to reply in private, my email si margiesan426@yahoo.com

Thank you so much!

ninya said...

hi! im ninya from davao also.. can i have the name of your event organizer??? i've asked golden touch also and it is beyond our budget na.. although, maganda sana siya.. sayang naman pwede pang honeymoon.. hahhaa :)how much din po ang talent fee ni don gonzales??? my email ad is ninya_ganda@yahoo.com

ninya said...

Hi!
this is ninya. im from davao city also. can i have the name of your event stylist from golden touch?? and the contact number?? i've also inquired there and it is beyond our budget.. pls pls.. thanks so much...