Wednesday, June 20, 2007

May Dilemma si Delima

This time it's not a name game anymore. Tinuoray na ni.

Yesterday, I got a phone call from an IT company I was eyeing months ago. I thought it will be another interview but to my surprise (medyo), when I went to their office on my meryenda break awhile ago, they gave me a job offer. The manager said I had a very good feedback from my last interview with their Irish client so they did not require another interview anymore.

They gave me my asking price (which I just randomly thought of when they asked me of my salary expectations, paano ba naman hindi na ako sanay magbayad ng tax..oooppss). So I'm really not sure kung malaki na sya or hindi for a regular position. But Georgia assured me that it was a nice offer, kasi may 13th and 14th month salary pa daw, medical benefits and a cellphone with P800 plan for free! =)

I am really thankful that my profession is indemand these days that job offers just crop up when you least expect it. I feel truly blessed.

But the problem is, I am waiting for the response from the job I really, really want! It's for a Java Developer position for a large bank in Singapore. What I really, really like about it is, I will be dealing with FIX Protocol. My, my I have long been waiting for a job that involves Java Development and FIX Protocol. For now, it is the only job worth grabbing and being away from my husband for some time. Kahit 6 months experience lang with that job, okay na, if you're wondering why the desperation, FIX protocol is a HIGHLY indemand skill in the US, and even Europe.

I don't know if I got the job, they haven't contacted me since the interview. Well, if I don't get it, maybe it's not meant for me. But I pray that is meant for me! bwehehehe.

About this job offer in Makati, I have to sleep on it, though it is tempting... iba na kasi ngayon, my priorities have changed. It will mean a big sacrifice to stay here in the Philippines while my husband is in Japan. And for what? (I still have to weigh on the for what part).

I will be facing a big risk when I follow hubby in Japan. Since I still have no work there pa, wala pa masyadong Java projects and hindi pa ako magaling mag nihongo, I'm still concerned about my parent's needs (yung biglaan kelangan ng money, another kidney operation) kaya hindi pwedeng mabakante ako na walang work ng matagal. How I wish we are so rich or ang asawa ko kasing yaman ni Yilmaz that staying as a housewife for a while is not a problem or burning my career path as a Java developer is not an issue.

Oh well, this is the start of my ever after. Juggling between my career dreams and starting a family. I don't want to sacrifice either one, if possible.

When a piece of paper with figures and benefits is not enough to convince me, then maybe I just need to pray for a sign.

3 comments:

lizette said...

ri.. unsaon pagmove sa kana nga career path? how? how? hehehe :)

Ria May said...

unsang klaseng career path? ang pagiging wife or ang fix protocol? hehehe

pag fix protocol, mag start usa ka as tester like sa akong work sa NYFIX before hehehe

lgeorgia said...

Hmmm kadaku jud sa imong Delima :) Pero lisud jud... wahhh.. gud luck! You'll have more and better offers with other local companies here with your skills and good looks, hehehehe =P