Monday, December 10, 2007


I was walking around Canal City and the place was on its usual Sunday festive mood. As I was looking on to the new Chrismas decors, this loud ringing of bells instantly caught my attention because it never stopped and each sound was accompanied by children's shrill. I followed the sounds and it lead me to the open area between the cafes which they turned into a playground. They put up these small bellhouses.. or a little bahay kubo with big chimes or bells that children can make melody or noise with. Those bellhouses around the giant christmas tree reminds me of a puto bungbong stall during misa de galio. No matter how grand the decorations around you or the exciting christmas sales (like 70% off in GAP!)... nothing can come close to a Philippine Christmas and you really can't help but miss it.

But I enjoyed watching the children play though, like how could they horse with the water when it's too cold. Oh well, it sure is fun to be a child.




No comments: