Saturday, December 22, 2007

Toxic

I thought it was over, but last friday a major issue on our project came out that had us migrate our application to the latest JXTA version. Any developer would know how pain in the ass migrating at the last minute is. So we ended up going home at 7 am on Saturday.

Slept at 8 am then woke up at 1:30 pm to prepare for the xmas party, buti na lang our housemate Jen has enough initiative to boil the quail eggs while we were sleeping. See, every house should bring a home cooked food at the party and we thought of bringing Quail Egg Surprise and Fruit Salad. It was the easiest thing I could cook.

It was Hubby and me's teamwork mode once again(that's what we usually do when we there's somethings we have to accomplish in so little time). I listed the things that he should do and buy then off he went to get them plus our kriss kringle babies' gifts. Aside from the real kriss kringle gifts, he has to buy our "something warm" and "something funny" that we failed to give before the party because I left and lost those that I bought 2 weeks ago in the grocery (ga-second lang jud ko ni Claire sa pagkakalimtanon). While I stayed at home to cook and planned some "gimiks" for the party. All that we had to do before the party starts in 3 hours. Buti na lang there is Lex who is willing and efficient in last minute must-dos, like I had to delegate to him the prizes and the prizes were really nice and naka wrap pa!

The Quail Egg Surprise was a success despite making Jen rush to Joe's condo (mga 6 buildings away) to get his eggs este extra eggs when we got short of it. But Hubby was running late, it was an hour past his ETA and still no sign of him. I was getting worried coz I might not have enough time to wrap the gifts. The thought of giving a gift poorly wrapped or just tossed in paper bag was horror for me (yes, I'm very OC with the presents that I give)

I was so ready to strangle him, but when he finally arrived, all my wrapping worries disappeared when I saw the gifts in their pretty paper bags. With plastic pa, coz it was raining that night. Oh I completely forgot there that I was in Japan! where stores could put your gift in a more beautiful bag when you tell them it's a gift. They make sure that in any weather, your gifts will be presented beautifully. Hubby had to bike them for 30 minutes under the rain, but when he came home, it was still in perfect shape because of the waterproof-plastics carefully wrapped around them. Sugoi jud yah!


Plus Hubby got nice "somethings" stuff, nicer than those that I lost and they were just not "hundred yensies". Buti naman at hindi kuripot ang aking mister at may taste rin.

All in all it was a fun party even if everybody crammed in preparations and crammed like sardines in Marj's small unit.

Pasko na talaga... =D


No comments: