Monday, September 17, 2007

A Housewife Day-Off

Fukuoka Symphony Hall

Last Sunday, I asked a day off from my boss aka my husband so I could go with Maila and Juliet to watch an orchestra concert. So I left my husband at home with nothing to eat and biked to Fukuoka Symphony Hall with my girl friends. A friend of Juliet and Maila gave 3 tickets to the concert so I was able to watch a live full orchestra concert for the first time, for free.


It was superb! Bravo, bravo. It's really different when you hear it live, it was like falling inlove with my first love all over again. As soon as the maestro lead the first beat, I was taken to a different world where everyone understands the same language, very relaxing indeed.


That evening, I went to Maila and Juliet's place to have a Filipino dinner with Juliet's boyfriend and their Japanese officemate Goto-san. Actually, I just invited myself coz I didn't feel like cooking for dinner, I just let my husband eat McDonald Pork Burger for his supper. The girls cooked ginataang monggos, pritong isda and Humba plus a yummy, yummy leche flan and chocolate chip brownie for dessert. After the filling dinner, I brought home a serving of leche flan and brownie to take home for my husband, while on the other hand, one of my girl friends got herself a new boyfriend. Indeed, "the easiest way to a man's heart is through his stomache". (well that will be another story to tell).


Before you accuse me of being a bad wife for leaving my husband with nothing in his big tummy while I go for a girl's day out. I made it up to him by cooking a hot Egg Drop Soup (not the instant type but from scratch talaga), Lemon and Pepper chicken and Kani Salad for dinner tonight to ease his exhaustion after a day of long distance biking with his friends. I planned to put the recipe here but I'm sleepy already so next time na lang.


By the way, I'm proud to say that I already know how to make my favorite maki sushi! Though it doesn't requre any cooking, rolling the rice is a bit difficult even with the bamboo roller. I still couldn't make a perfect centered filling, but I will try next time.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

you beat me at watching a live orchestra :D that sound so fun and delicious :D

regards to maila and juliet :D

lgeorgia said...

weee congrats kay maila :) hope she'll start blogging soon :)