Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Magaling-Magaling

Japanese service never fails to amaze me. Last night, I realized my new phone still had no email service, when I asked Dan how to get one, he said we have to go to Softbank office to have it set up. But after our Ichiran Ramen dinner, he had to rush back to the office so he no longer had time to take me to Softbank.


I want to live a normal life here in Japan, I mean, I want to go to places, get basic services without Dan's help. So I decided to pass by Softbank and try as much as I could to have my keitai email.


When I entered the small shop I went directly to the anime looking lady and managed to say "sumimasen, watashi no keitai no emairu wo setapu shitain desu ga, do shitara ii desu ka?", in the middle of saying this I forgot that I don't know the nihongo for setting up my email. The anime lady didn't understand what "setapu shimasu" means.. so I tried different ways of pronouncing it like "shetap?", "shitappu?" but to no avail, at last she understood me when I said, "emairu wo tsukuritai desu"... nagsisisi na nga ako bakit pa ako pumunta dun. She got my keitai and did something to it when she stopped and asked what my phone's ansho bango is (PIN number). Dan bought the phone so I didn't know, baka isipin niya na ninakaw ko yung phone, I explained to her that it was new and my husband bought it from me. She asked a lot of things which I didn't understand so "hai" lang ako ng "hai". Then her phone rang and she excused herself to answer it... I thought wala na syang silbi sa akin since hindi rin namin alam ang PIN, umalis na lang ako na hindi nagpapaalam kasi may kausap pa nga sya sa phone.


When she suddenly appeared to me at the bicycle parking lot, running and asking "daijoubu desu ka?" (Okay ka lang?). Imagine she got out of the shop and followed me, just to make sure I got the best service.


Only in Japan...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

why don't you just inquire thru 157, they have english staff or online... :D

lgeorgia said...

"hai, daijobu desu..."