Friday, September 21, 2007

My New Favorite Yuzu

Honey Citron Tea

A lot of my friends dislike tea, even if Judy Anne Santos already popularized the L-Carnitine of Green Tea to get you a yummy boyfriend like Ryan Agoncillo to burn your fats, they still prefer that diet pill over drinking green tea. I can't blame them, I don't like the weird taste of tea either, plus that after smell in your breath.

But I change my mind with this tea Maila introduced to me which she bought from her vacation in Busan, Korea. It is called Honey Citron Tea, made from Citron fruit which ONLY grows in Korea and Japan. It looks like a marmalade so I got surprised when Maila scooped some and put in our cup of hot water. It is just like a juice, no weird taste nor an after-smell. Plus, you can eat the Citron Peel when you've reached the bottom because it is so sweet, unlike Orange and Lemon peels that are bitter. Actually my favorite part is munching on the peelings.

It is called Yuzu in Japanese and Yuja in Korean. It is said to have 3 times more natural vitamin C than lemon and ten times more than apple. Plus it can solve necessary quantity of vitamin C with 1-2 cups of Citron tea one day for adult. I wish it also burns fat coz I can't get enough of it. I make a cup or two after meals, hot or cold. Maila like it hot but I like it better in cold water with ice, it tastes like the Iced Tea back home or the honey kalamansi Otep used to sell in NEC way, way back.

It is my sole reason why I frequent Maila's house (ahihihi) coz she always serves it or sometimes I demand her to serve me some (bwehehe). I was even willing to go to Costco (a Makro like department store miles, miles away) just so I could get my own jar of this tea.

Good thing I found one available in Gyomu Su-pa in Gi-on! It's rather expensive for Y680 for a tea but with its health benefits and the energy I save from biking to Maila's house make it a good buy.

I'm not sure if it is available in other countries but if you find a Korean store around, I'm pretty sure they have it. And if you find one, go grab yourself one. You will love it. I promise!

No comments: