Saturday, August 4, 2007

Baby Shower

It's Aliya Garielle's shower party today at her parent's condo roofdeck at Valero Street. She will soon be another new addition to the Alama girls. Puro girls na yung pamangkin ko, wala pang lalaki... hmm.. baka ako yung unang magbibigay ng lalaking apo. (sana kung ndi ba-og.. hehe).

Her mother prepared games for her guests, sayang ndi ako nakasali sa mga couple games like the Gerber feeding contest (gusto ko pa naman makatikim ng Gerber!), coz my husband is in a far, far away land.

An hour before the party, I crammed to buy a gift at Landmark. Gaby is registered at Podium in Rockwell but it's too inconvenient for me since dapat may sasakyan or mag taxi to go there, kaya I didn't have any idea what to give. Last night I asked Venice and Claire for suggestions, and you can guess who gave the best idea... syempre si Venice hehehe. Next year pwede na kita tanungin Claire, kelangan mo pa ng practice. =P Since I wanted a gift that is not a problem if it has a duplicate, Venice suggested lots of diapers (I didn't know new born babies already use diapers) and Wipes (Coby daw yung brand). But when I went to the baby section in Landmark.. I was overwhelmed with all the cute baby stuff that I wanted to buy them all. Buti na lang I was able to control myself to just get the diapers and the wipes. But when I passed by the feeding bottle section, I was swayed by the Avante sales girl to buy a bottle that is anti-collic (anti kabag) and has very soft nipple. It was very expensive but it's the best in the market (according to my cousin) so I bought it. Isa pa, with its price, I don't think my cousin's guests will buy it even if it's in their registry... kasi ka-presyo na niya yung isang bathing tub. Syempre when you are a guest, you'd rather get the bigger and cuter gift. And I was right, ako lang talaga nagbigay ng feeding bottle. So to some who is clueless on what to give on baby showers, I think that Avante feeding bottle is a good idea.

As a parent, you really want to give the best to your baby, especially if he/she is a first born. So I realized, aside from emotional, it really requires financial readiness on having a baby. Those baby stuff don't come cheap and that small human being needs a LOT of things, I just discovered today na meron na palang baby support for carrying(para siguro ndi ma slide ang bata sa arms mo) and the bathing support (para ndi malunod sa tub siguro). After the party, I talked to my cousin about breast pumps because yun na lang ang major stuff na kulang sila. Nagulat ako how expensive a good one is (P5,000-P20,000). And meron na palang automatic which is recommended para ndi mangalay sa kaka pump. I offered to help with the half of the cost, so tomorrow we will be on haunting mode for a good but reasonable priced breast pumps. Isa pa, sabi ng cousin ko na she can pass it on to me when I have a baby na (God willing). So okay na rin na mag share kami. hehehe.

I'm so excited for baby Gaby, I think it's a good thing na rin that my visa got delayed for a week coz I wanna be here when she comes out.

with one of my niece Bea

our tambayan, Cafe Isla in Serendra (miss na nila si Dan)

1 comment:

aneshka said...

kasi personally ayoko maka receive ng disposable items hehe. Pano kung di kasya yung diaper? and dami gamit sobra! aside sa baby items kailangan rin ng closet cguro aabot kami ng $3k+ gamit lang sa baby. tsk!