Saturday, August 11, 2007

Papa Josh


When I saw in the news that Josh Hartnett arrived in Davao, I got excited with regret that I didn't go home for a vacation. As in nakakaloka! Among all the hollywood actors, si Josh Hartnett talaga ang crush ko since 40 days and 40 nights. I think kaming mga Chiztiks like him a lot even before. My kuya works as a writer/press for PIA Davao, so I thought they will have the usual press conference there and he will get to meet him. Kung andun lang ako, sasama talaga ako sa kanya kahit na ako na bibili ng bagong cellphone niya. But then I saw in the news that the bigtime networks couldn't even have a decent interview with him (that they even had to make abang for him outside the airport toilet!), so I assumed baka walang press conference ang magaganap because of the OA security.

But when I received a text from my brother saying "kainuman namin si josh hartnett ngayon", naloka talaga ako lalo! waaahhhh! I almost died from inggit!

Then I learned, it wasn't a press conference, he just knew some people from the production team and he wanted to meet the director coz kuya is also into filmmaking and scriptwriting kaya mas interesado sya sa director. Kung ako pa yun, makikiusap ako sa kilala ko na ibugaw ako kay Josh.. bwehehe.

When he went to Mt. Diwalwal, it was their Wrap Up Party that is why he was not only able to meet the director (ano nga pangalan nun) but also the hollywood hunk and the japanese superstar Takura Kimuya. So nakiinterview na rin sya dun for his article. Josh was really down to earth daw, unlike Takura na maarte. Well siguro nanibago ang hapon sa surroundings and maybe he thought "kangitngit ba diri!"(translation: "it's so dark here!" if you don't get my joke, it's because people around him are brown colored mao ngitngit).

Since it was too late to fly in, I just asked him to get an autograph from Josh for me. But he gave me more than just an autograph, may dedication pa! =) Nagkkwentuhan kasi daw sila while he asked that, the actor even told him he has also been to Japan and he thought it's too cold there. Thus, the content of the dedication. It was written in a torn page from his notebook, in a typical american handwriting (mukhang left handed sya noh?) nonetheless I still treasure it coz hiningi yun ni kuya for me.

Awhile ago, kuya asked me who Takura Kimuya is, coz he learned from the producers that it was so hard for them to fly him from Japan coz nagkagulo sa Narita Airport. Bakit daw ganun? and bakit ganun ka arte? It just now that he knew how popular the actor is, sayang nakihingi rin sana ako ng autograph kasi crush yun ni Georgia, tsk tsk.

Haay, the perks of his job. Gusto ko na mag career change.

my bro at work

perks of the job... PRICELESS!

5 comments:

lgeorgia said...

Wahhhhhh suya jud kaayo ko sa imong kuya. Tsk! Buti na lang hindi si Brad Pitt...

lizette said...

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh....

lizette said...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

lizette said...

okay.. OA na ko.. hayyy ri.. pwede magchange career napud ko.. !!!

WanderLust said...

hi!

i am ian garcia of m magazine. we're featuring an article about the indie film industry in mindanao. in your blog, we saw ur photo with josh hartnett. is it ok if we publish the photo with your photo credits? we hope to get your approval the soonest. thanks! u may text me at 9218 923 8577.

ian garcia