Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Nihongo ni Tsuite

As I have said earlier, I am now studying nihongo while waiting for my Visa so I could follow my makabugtog bra na husband (murag makabaliguten ni Claire). It's almost a month now and as each day passed I realized how unready I was when I first left for the land of the last Samurai.

When I left, it had already been 3 years since my last nihongo lesson with kato sensei in NEC Cebu, and level 4 pa yun and idagdag mo pa na I always attended class in spirit, meaning absinot kaayo ko. So when I first arrived in Japan to work as an OFW, kahit simple introduction (jikkou shokai) ay hindi ako marunong, I would just impromptu imitate my collegues during introductions. Talagang zenzen wakarimasen deshita talaga ako. Added to that it was difficult to catch up on my collegues who are JLPT level 3 passers and I just came from an american company while they came from japanese kaisha(NEC, Fujitsu). So it was really a miracle that I survived that less than a year stint. It was like going to a battle with only a sword, shield and a perfect 6 pack abs (ala 300).

Now my vocabulary has increased and know when to use some Grammar patterns. I am still not that good but now I can compose some sentences by myself. It helps that I am studying with people of the same level as mine, so no more pressure to catch up with them, and I have the luxury of time to understand each grammar pattern taught to us everyday. Iba kasi talaga pag nag wwork ka while studying kaysa yung your whole time is devoted to studying. Plus I have my husband with whom I can practice with conversation. He speaks like a native already so I can practice listening and speaking with him. He also serves as my inspiration, because he talks in his sleep in Japanese! and baka may babae na syang binabanggit.. kaya dapat ko syang maintindihan.. bwehehe.

I used to hate Japanese Language, maybe it's because of the pressure that went with it before, because now I am learning to love it, because now I am really learning. It's different when you know another language, it's a different fulfillment although I am still far from the skills of my husband, or Juliet or Maila. Also I figured that if I do good at this, it can be my second career when I get tired of programming.. pwede na akong maging Geisha.. bwehehehe.

By the way, I discovered the power of Ginko Biloba. It is said to make your brain sharper. I don't know if I am inherently intelligent or Ginko Biloba is really effective. But I noticed it is easy to memorize the vocabularies. And you know how tongue and brain twister each word in japanese is. It is also said to make a person fertile. So if in less than a month I get pregnant in japan.. then I can say I really owe it to Ginko Biloba.

Now I have all the help I can get in learning this language so my only hurdle on this learning is my laziness... hay if only I can change. Sana naa pud tambal para sa tapol.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

頑張ってね。。