Monday, November 19, 2007

Aurora Borealis


Last saturday, I met a Japanese woman who is taking up masters in Plasma Physics in Kyushu University. Actually, I just knew that day that there are many branches in Physics, like Maila's boyfriend mastered in Solid Physics. So when you know someone who says he masters in Physics, the next question should be "what kind of physics?" (basta something like that).

She must be very smart since Juliet and Maila (both engineering graduates) both agree that electromagnetics is the most difficult subject, and this woman is mastering in this area. Anyway, to clearly describe her field(since the only thing we knew of Plasma, is the Plasma TV), she talked about the Aurora Borealis or the Northern Lights as an example of an effect of Plasma activity(basta something like that hehehe). I didn't know about this once-a-year phenomenon until that day (dah, sige lang man gud basa ug showbiz), so I read more about it in the internet. It seems fascinating, and I pledge to myself to watch live it before I die.

Now I have one reason why I want to go to Canada, coz they said it's one of the places where you can see it.

1 comment:

poeticnook said...

yep you can go to calgary =)