Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Looking forward this christmas!


Aside from being our first christmas together as husband and wife, what makes it more exciting is the package that I will receive from my global mommy of our VPAL Global Kriss Kringle!

I'm not sure anymore when was our last Christmas together or at least the last December that we're almost complete. Was that time when Georgia's mom and sister, my mom and brothers came to Manila? hmmm...

Anyhow, it couldn't be denied how much we miss each other when we were all bursting with excitement when we plan for our kriss kringle (hmm teka, hindi kaya excited lang makatanggap ng gift galing ibang bansa?).

It started when my google talk became unusually quiet during office hours, and it was not that easy to reach my NEC Pals anymore because of the different timezones. Then I realized since each one of us are now scattered in different parts of the globe(may Asia, North America and Europe pa! and maybe one day, madadagdagan ng Africa or Middle East courtesy of Mau), it would be challenging yet fun to do a kriss kringle for this coming holiday. So last Saturday even if I was so tired from our trip in Yanagawa, I finished the automated kriss kringle program, that shuffles our names and automatically sends our manita through email. I didn't want to kill the excitement by dilly dallying so by 3 am on Sunday, the baby names were all sent. Also that night, I posted our old pictures in Facebook.

This kriss kringle will be a far cry from the one we had by the Ayala pond during our last chrismas in Cebu, where we only had P50 limit for the gifts and we were swarmed by mosquitoes. Now we didn't set a limit because of the differences in currencies and inflation rates, and the wishlist are simply amazing, from man to gadgets and even Italian shoes and boots. I'm crossing my fingers that we can all follow our rule that we won't open our presents until Christmas eve, especially Lizette, I doubt if she can resist to untie the red bow in McSteamy from Europe the moment it reaches her doorstep. ;P

This chrismas will not only show the tight bond we have even if we're miles apart but it will also remind us how far we have gone from our comfort zone. =)

By the way, if you also want to have a computerized Kriss Kringle, I can share the source code with you.

No comments: