Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Monopolized


Hubby and I found this Monopoly game set at the second hand store for only 1,050 yen, my "smol na baby" said it's one of his few frustrations to own one because it's his favorite game but they couldn't afford one before so I gave him a go to buy it, even though I find it expensive for a board game.

I never played Monopoly ever in my entire life and I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it, but I still gave it a try for the love of my Hubby. We started at 9:30 pm but at around 1:30 am, we're still on our first game. Hubby was so shrewd that's why game got exciting and we lost track of time, and I wouldn't even take bathroom breaks, we just stopped when we got so hungry. Because we were too hungry to cook for our very late dinner, we went out to eat Ramen at the famous Yatai(street stalls) by the Canal City river. There's this stall there that people line up for and is always full that's why I never got the chance to eat there but since it was already late that time, the line was bearable. Finally I was able to taste their famous ramen and quench my curiousity. Indeed, it was the best ramen in i've tasted, even better than Ichiran Ramen. The line and the Y700 a bowl were truly worth it.

After that we walked around Nakasu(Fukuoka's red light district) and had fun watching the drunk salary men, and their overly made-up Nakasu girls. And some gals and boys flirting with each other.

There were much too see when japanese play hard on their Saturday night but we had to go back home coz we were itching to finish our Monopoly match. Then the game went on for another 1 hour and a half before I beat Hubby to his favorite game, a beginner's luck I would say. And called it a night.


No comments: