Friday, October 19, 2007

Gourmet Friday

I had an early knock off because there has not been a reply from the client about the SIP Server I am going to use. So I dropped by the grocery to buy milk,vanilla and egg separator to make myself a leche flan from Rodel's recipe (Juliet's bf).His leche flan is one of the best I've tasted so I was excited to try making one myself. It turned out good, I think this is the best leche flan I've made, except that my caramel was too saucy/watery coz I put too much water on the sugar. =(

These are the ingredient's of Fukuoka's famous leche flan:
6-8 egg yolks
1 cup fresh milk
1 cup condensed milk
a dash of vanilla

And of course you already know what to do with them. I didn't take a photo of it coz I murdered it as soon as it was done. Meaning I ate half of it already so it was not photogenic anymore.. hehe.

This Leche Flan will be our dessert (or my hubby's only coz I already ate my share) and our main course is the Shrimp Scampi... or rather the Ebi Scampi. Well, I have this frozen shrimps and I didn't know what to do with it so I looked for some recipes from the internet and found this recipe for Shrimp Scampi. I forgot how Scampi really tasted coz it's been so long since I last ate my favorite Shrimp Scampi with Cream and Pasta at Oliver's Sandwiches in Glorietta. So I'm not sure if I got it right, I substituted the white wine with Japanese Cooking Rice Wine. I just got disappointed with the shrimps coz it got smaller and smaller as they were cooked. Well, what can you expect from a frozen good.

Shrimp Scampi is expensive when you order it in the restaurant, it's also the most expensive pasta in Oliver's. So if you're wishing to eat something gourmet, and you have Shrimps just follow the recipe on the link. It's so easy. =)

My Ebi Scampi

2 comments:

Unknown said...

actually NEVER put water when making caramel ... just slowly melt the sugar in a very low heat constantly stirring it para dili mag lump

mas nindot sad imong i-sift ang sugar para kadtong fine ra og wala to lumpy :D

lizette said...

ri, i luvd the shrimp scampi i did.. i put it in my pasta, and added just as much parmesan i can have .. luvd my dinner.. too bad, had to eat it alone :(