Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Work no Koto

Since I've become too domesticated with my previous entries, let me tell a story about my work. I've been working on a P2P thru JXTA project for a popular Japanese telecompany. I'm still getting a hang of the JXTA (Juxtapose) protocol when the client demanded to connect the application to a SIP Server (Session Initiated Protocol). So I added Java Telephony on my code and installed this server with a funny cute name, Brekeke where I connected my application, and a Windows Messenger 5.1 which has a SIP communication support. But to my dismay, the two cannot see each other, they cannot communicate with each other. You see I am trying to make a Skype Client like application, where my application connects to the SIP Server and be able to send a message or call another client. I thought it was my application's fault so I tested two Windows Messenger that registers to the SIP Server, but it still gave me the same result. I clearly followed the instruction in the server's tutorial on how to use WM with it, kulang na lang mag tumbling ako. Suspecting that it was the VM Ware's fault, I even tried to ask Claire and Georgia to help me using their WM but their version was old, so they couldn't do anything. I even posted a topic on the forum which proudly displayed my full name! arrgghh! Then I got an account on another SIP Server and connected the WMs but still the same thing happens.

So to keep myself from sulking on frustration, I distracted myself on chatting with Claire, Lizette and Georgia about anything under the sun and moon. It can be really frustrating you know when you can't make a supposed to be simple thing to work. I began to think maybe I am not cut out for this job.. maybe I am really meant to be a geisha... tsk tsk.

Then realization happened... I downloaded another free SIP Client and connected it with the Server. Installed another in my VMWare and voila! it worked! Connected my application and yatta! it also worked. I added a CallListener to my app and yey! my app is ringing! and even accepting calls!

I received a reply on my post this morning and it says it's because of unsupported chorva of Windows Messenger and their SIP Server. Grr, they should have said it in their tutorial Guide.

Oh well, this is such a boring entry... cooking and recipes are far more interesting to tell. I tried but ndi talaga ako bagay mag technical hehehe.

Actually all I wanted to say is Sam Milby and Piolo Pascual are gays and dating based on Lolit Solis account on PEP. Wala jud mabuhat.

No comments: