Friday, October 5, 2007

High School Life

I found these highschool questions from Idel's blog and I thought it's fun reminiscing the good old days...

Who was your best friend?
I have different sets of friends from 1st year to 3rd year. My closest are my barkada since 3rd year which we called TALFAVA. Abbreviations of our last names hehe. One of them, Langga Teves was one of my bridesmaids during my wedding. And Sue used to be my condomate with Georgia.

What kind of car did you drive?
I don't drive and I can't drive until now. But hatid sundo ako sakay ng aming volkswagen even if our house is just 5 minutes away by trisikad.

It’s Friday night. Where were you?
Home kasi strict ang parents and grandparents ko hehe.

Were you considered a flirt?
When I reached 3rd year and started going out(friendly laag lang gud) with the basketball varsity team from the Chinese school, some started labeling our barkada as flirt. Plus I was friends with one of the flirtest girls in school that even my kuya was warning me of not to get influenced by her.

But actually I only flirted with one person for 4 years, and he's not from other school but my seatmate.

Were you in the band, orchestra, or choir?
Ngek no talent on that area.

Were you a nerd?
I wear skinny jeans while ambil or bell bottom was the fad.. but I am not a nerd.

Who was your favorite teacher?
A lot. Mrs. Baldovino my english teacher, I learned a lot from her and I guess she is the reason why even the most stupid student in Ateneo can speak good english. and Mr. Potestas my Math teacher because he is so funny. And Father Reyes in Theology... because he is the most handsome priest I have ever met and until now I couldn't figure out why he calls me "Miss I love you!" maybe he could see the lust in my eyes? hehe

Speaking of teachers, I hate my H.E. teacher Mrs. Misa (may she rest in peace) because she threw a potholder at me when I did not separate the 1st gata from the 2nd for the chicken curry, and I screwed up on the baking class. I threw 1 dozen of eggs in the canal because I did not separate the yellow from the white for the chiffon cake. Heller, I didn't know it was that important to separate the egg! At nilapastangan niya ang unfinished stuffed toy ko kasi mali daw ang paggupit ko.. but after I passed it, I saw my work at the exhibit, it turned out to be one of the best. Ayaw pa kasing maniwala na kaya kong ayusin yun. That is why until now I still keep the stuffed toy, it reminds me not to judge the book until it is finished. hehe!

What was your school mascot?
A blue knight.

Did you go to the Prom?
Of course! We were made to line up and meet our random partner at the stage. While waiting for our turn I had a fight with my barkada Ella and because of that I left her and went to the back of the line. It turned out, she got to be the partner of our crush Angelo Aquino and I had a forgettable partner tsk! It could have been me if I didn't move an inch.

The prom was a blah! but it was fun after because we met up with our boy-friends from the chinese school at The Spam's, the hip disco bar at that time. That was my first time to go out at night with boys!

Did you have a job your senior year?
Nope, i was not allowed to get a job, though I wanted to apply as a summer crew in Jollibee.

Did you go to school with anyone who is now famous?
Juris of MYMP, Jinky of Freestyle who sang the most beautiful Lupang Hinirang during school programs. She should sing it in one of Pacquiao's fight.

Did you go to a senior trip?
Just the senior recollection.

Have you gone to a class reunion?
December last year, we had our first batch reunion. It was fun to see the people you've grown to be with since nursery. Since we are already adults, there were no more social barriers, I even got to talk to the most elusive bachelor in our school for the very first time. And I was able to ask straight to his face the question that I wanted to ask him back then, "kaya ba wala ka pang nagiging girlfriend kasi bakla ka?". Bwehehe ...

No comments: