Thursday, October 25, 2007

Purely Vanity

I vowed to slow down on cooking for a while and go on a diet because I am getting fat. If I still want to fit in to my pants, I have to slim down.

But alas! last night after office, my hubby took me on a date because every Wednesday is a "No OT day" in their company. I just wanted to eat Ramen and Ice Cream(yeah diet daw) but he wanted to try the Eat-All-You-Can restaurant Maila was raving about, so there goes my diet...off to thin air. I have to learn some South Beach Diet recipe!

On the way home, we dropped by the drugstore to buy a mouthwash, while I was looking for one, I found my favorite Calbee Pizza junkfood on sale for only Y100! I thought it's seldom that it gets on sale so I made the best decision of my life by grabbing 2 packs! from then on I kissed my diet goodbye.

Since I will take a rest on looking for new recipes, I turned to another interest which is Kakikayan. While my hubby was waiting for me outside the drugstore, I detoured to the medicine aisle to look for a beauty medicine. I already got my first pay so I wanted to try the vitamins Idel recommended. There were a lot of them and I thought I neededed help so I called hubby and asked, "bby tulungan mo ako maghanap ng Vitamin C please" (it was a decoy of course, I wasn't really looking for a vitamin C but I have to make it seem really important, hehehe).

I showed him the Cystina-C and he asked the Pharmacist some questions. When he relayed to me that it was more on skin whitening, I acted surprised "ano? meron palang ganun?" (yeah right dramatic actress kaayo. Actually I had to do it coz if he learns that it was all for vanity, he wouldn't help me.) But I didn't like the idea of taking 6 tablets per day as required by Cystina-C when I really don't need whitening so the pharmacist lead me to another medicine named Cutina whose purpose is to stop pimples, cure scars and smoothen the skin from within (kasabot jud ang pharmacist unsa akong kinahanglan da). Good thing hubby understands the pains of having rice fields all over your face so he supported me in buying the medicine and said if it will work for me, he will buy one to.. hehehe.


And so I bought Cutina that contains Vitamin B2 phosphoric acid ester,Vitamin B6,Vitamin B1 nitric, Nicotinic acid amide, Biotin, Pantothenic acid calcium,Vitamin C and L - Cysteine which promises to clear my skin from within. Only Y1680 for 60 tablets and good for 1 month. I still don't know if it's effective but I'll surely write another entry for this kung mugwapa na ko samot after a month.

I read their site this morning, and I'm thinking of buying their clear gel which clears the skin from the outside with Salicylic acid as its active ingredient. It costs Y2650, it's pretty expensive so I have to ponder hard on this. Hmmm...

Because I also ran out of face powder, I bought myself a SelfIt Shiseido powder foundation. SelfIt is a cheaper variety of Shiseido, I am not sure if they sell it outside Japan though. It only costs Y1200 but it has a good coverage and doesn't melt in my skin. I planned to buy my favorite FaceShop Phytogenic powder but I thought since I'm here in Japan, might as well use a Japanese brand that I can't normally afford back home. As the saying goes, "When in Rome do as the Romans do." or in my case, "When in Japan, do as the Japanese do... except speak Nihongo" (bwehehehe).

Japan is a wonderland for a certified kikay girl like me, they have all the answers for every vanity call. If you just stop converting to peso and be a 'little' lose on your yen, you'll surely have some fun. =)

Well, I hope their kikay stuff are really as amazing as their electronics. Let's see... =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

lol.. yeah i saw that Cutina on TV bitaw pero like u said, wa pod ko nag need ana.. grabe gyud sila og vitamins nganhi no bilib gyud ko..

dili man ko mag 6 tables, usually 4 lang , 2 in the AM and 2 in evening. weak gyud siya og C-content hehehe ning change karong week to Cystina C, nag sipon na ko wahahahha... dahil sa ngalan ng kagandahan..

ay tuod naa pod diay gitudlo sa akoa nga hair treatment hehehe nindot baya siya dili na kaau dry akong hair heheh.. sus mga kakikayan gyud..

Ria May said...

hala, hala.. unsa nang hair treatment?? Oshiete kudasai... kay kelangan ko yan! =P

Inom na lang ug Yuzu (Citron Tea) everyday, ingon baya sa akong nabasa na, 2 glasses of Citron Tea a day is equivalent to the required vitamin C for a standard man pero ga 4 glasses a day ko kay I am a high standard woman.. bwehehehe =P

Bitaw..pag Yuzu na lang kay ang Vitamin C gina-ihi lang nimo, au naturale pa.

Diri lang jud ko sa Japan malingaw ug tambay sa Drugstore kay amazing kaayo ilang mga pang kikay. Pwede ko mag wholeday didto.

lizette said...

hala.. interesting lagi ni sya ... naa kaha na diri sa singapore.