Monday, October 22, 2007

A Time to Walk

Last Saturday I had to reach Seinen Center by 11 am for the private nihongo class so I left the house 30 minutes before. But the wind was strong at that time and it was so difficult to ride the bike so I decided to leave my bike at Gion(2 stations away from Seinen) and take the subway to get to Tenjin where Seinen Center is. The class was nice coz it's not crowded, there's only 3 of us there, I wanted to attend the advance class but it starts at 10 am, the teacher asked me if I don't want the challenge but I told her the challenge to wake up before 10 am is more difficult hehehe. I wanted to buy the Master Series Book they are using but she wouldn't sell it to me unless I attend the class.. bongga!

Anyways after the class, I wanted to rush home coz it was so cold and I wanted to sink in my bed while eating chocolates and watching Greys Anatomy. Especially that Hubby was in a client meeting then it meant I have all the bed for myself.

I was supposed to take th Y100 yen loop bus (it's a bus that takes you anywhere in Fukuoka's main places for only Y100) but it is so slow because it has many stops, it might make me more sleepy than I already was. Since I have all the time in the world, I decided to walk from Tenjin to Gion (I think it's like Guadalupe-Buendia), with my IPOD and my maong trench jacket to keep me warm (which I bought in Whoops! in a whooping P2000 with Georgia, Mau and Jaja... George, sulit jud sya kay dili baduy diri!) I journeyed on foot and smelled the roses.

Walking in pleasure is indeed a different experience, it gave me better perspective than when I ride the bike, the subway or the bus. I realized how beautiful and clean the place is, thanking God that my life is less stressful now and happier. Then I thought of my friends who are currently also living their dreams, the birth pains of leaving your comfort zone really pays off. Thank God for the courage to outshine the hurdles along the way.

Then when I got home, I received a news about the bombing that happened in Glorietta 2. It is sad but also good thing that it didn't happen when I was there coz I am really a mall rat or at the time Georgia and I were busy shopping for our trips (unsaon na lang, sayang ang among lahi). I heard later that my tita and cousins were there having lunch during the bombing, but they were at a different part of Glorietta so they were gladly safe.

Indeed there's a lot more to be thankful for that day.


No comments: