Thursday, October 18, 2007

You're easy breezy and I'm Japanesey

Beef, Asparagus and Carrots Roll

Hubby likes asparagus and we have this pack of asparagus in the fridge that has been waiting for me to get my hands on but aside from saute-ing it with pork or egg, I don't know what else I am going to do with it coz frankly I don't really like it that much. Good thing I found this recipe from Kitchen Cow, oh it's so delicious! I am not good in food presentation so my picture doesn't do justice on how good it tastes. But I highly recommend it for you to try. I used the thin slices of beef instead of the sirloin so I didn't need the toothpick to roll them together making it much easier. If you want some other way to serve yourself some veggies, just follow Kitchen Cow's recipe! It's yummy! Now I have a new friend with Asparagus. =)


And for today's bento or lunchbox, I made Spam Musubi which I also found in the internet. Just follow the recipe on the link. On the way home last night, I dropped by 100yen shop to buy me cookie cutter (for the Spam) and sushi molder(to form the rice). There's a lot of cute bentou stuff that I wanted to buy but i'll just save it for later when I have enough time and creativity for a pretty lunchbox. =)

My Japanese Lunch


*My entry's title is from the song 'easy breezy' by Utada Hikaru, it's a cute song and I'm not sure if I understood it well, but it's a nice song to pep my day. Try downloading a copy from Limewire, I'm sure you'd also enjoy it. hehe =)

5 comments:

aneshka said...

Charing! Nag bento2 na hehehe... lingaw biya kay imong baon naa shapes hehehe.

lizette said...

bitaw.. mura ug lingaw lagi ni.. ma try nga.. mura lami sad tong asparagus and beef :) m tired of cooking the usual dishes in the rare times that i cook :D

Unknown said...

how about trying to add furikaki to your rice para mas colorful and healthier sab :D

Ria May said...

naa na sya Furikake in between the spam and the rice. next time himo ko ug colorful rice. Healthy diay nang furikake?

Unknown said...

healthy daw.. depende pod sa type of furikake nga imong gigamit. Naa man furikake nga made of fish,kimchi , nori og unsa pa na diha.. mas molami sab ang lami na nga japanese rice :D