Thursday, October 25, 2007

Maki for Dinner

When I say I want less fattening food, Sushi Maki comes into my mind because it is healthy and few bites can already make you feel full plus it's delicious and easy to make! My Maki has fresh lettuce, cucumber, crabsticks, roast ham and cheese, rolled with Japanese rice poured with a small amount of vinegar.

a war zone of Sushi Maki... that is the bamboo maki roller


yatta! an almost perfect roll!

Rolling a maki is harder than it seem, this is just my second time to make one by myself and I still haven't made a perfect roll where the fillings are tightly settled in the center. So I'm not in the position yet to teach how to roll a maki. But to make the maki intact, just spread japanese vinegar on the nori at the end of the roll and stick them together. Before slicing, put japanese vinegar on the knife so the nori and the rice won't stick to it.

Ittadakimasu!

No comments: