Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bday,Bday...

I planned many new recipes to cook for Hubby's birthday, because he likes anything sweet I decided to try my hands on baking for the nth time. Cookies and Cream cupcake and chocolate cake were among the list. But on the day itself, my body hurt so, so bad from the skiing the day before. As in when I woke up I couldn't move from the pain and I was crying! I never had that kind of "pamaol" or muscle pain before, and what's worst was the Alaxan we had at home are expired. I had the day off, coz I couldn't possible bike nor walk from the pain. I may have a lot of time to cook and bake that day before Hubby got home, but most of the time was spent agonizing on the bed, I couldn't even chat with my friends coz my fingers also hurt.

Hubby did get home very early from work, bringing with him a box of japanese "salompas" that truly, truly relieves the muscle pain(for about 3 hours I think). I was also able to drink Mefanamic Acid donated by a pinay friend. It was my hubby's bday and I couldn't possibly just let it pass without even a small celebration. Even under his strict order for me not to go out so the "salompas" will work longer, I snuck out of the house while he was napping and went to the nearest grocery(Thank God for Sunny 24 hrs supermarket that's all over the place!) and bought some stuff to cook. For longlife, I cooked a very special spaghetti with mozarella, oregano and basil eklat chuvaness, with garlic bread(cream the butter, then pour in some garlic powder and salt and pepper, spread on a loaf bread and toast). Because there were no available cake in Sunny, I bought some vanilla ice cream instead, showered it with Oreo cookies(his favorite) and M&Ms chocolate (his new favorite), put on some candles and voila, an ice cream cake! (a cheaper version of Cold Rock ice cream in GB that costs P395 a cup).



No comments: