Thursday, January 3, 2008

Sale, Sale, Sale

I just found out the best time to go shopping in Japan, it's after the New Year (I think Jan 2-3) where all the stores go on sale and I mean super sale! I was surprised to see Tenjin overflowing with people bringing along lots and lots of shopping bags. One thing that is popular now is what they call the Happy Bag, it is a bag or box of goodies from different brands that actually costs around Y30,000-Y50,000 but sold for only Y10,000. The brand that was sold out first was Nike, where you can have a sweat pants, jacket, sweater, etc(I forgot the other stuff inside) for only Y10,000. I got Hubby a Dunlop Bag with a more formal, business styled jackets and shirts inside for his birthday. If only Shu Uemura or Bobbi Brown had a Happy Bag, I could have gotten one for myself hehe.

Bic Camera also had their own version of a more exciting Happy Bag, they had ipod for Y4,990, 8 mega pixel Digicam for Y19800, Digicam plus a printer for Y23,000, Laptop plus a printer for i think Y90,000 or less. I wanted to buy their Happy Bag of 5 mega pixel digital camera for only Y9800 (a gift for my friend in davao sana) but they ran out of it when we got there. Umaga pa lang daw naubos na, zannen desu ne.

GAP was also on sale and it was so filled with eager-to-spend Japanese. I didn't buy anything coz I have already finished buying gifts for my friends, and I didn't find anything interesting enough to make me squeeze in to the long queue. Louis Vitton was also interestingly crowded, parang SM lang sya sa Pinas that it didn't look like the goods cost an arm and your two legs.

Nakakahawa ang energy ng mga Hapon kanina, but too bad I had no reason to shop anymore(plus Yahoo Dome flea market is just a week away), but I know better now so next year I will wait for the after new year to buy my gifts. =)

No comments: