Thursday, January 3, 2008

VPAL Global Kriss Kringle Result

Hehe parang lotto result. =D

Anyways, congratulations my dear VPALs for our first successful Kriss Kringle! I never thought we could pull this off so well even with some glitches on the side. Speaking of side, here's a side note: I officially hate the Philippine Postal Service! My gift to Mau hasn't arrived yet and I'm no longer expecting it will. Stupid me for being optimistic on our Notorious Postal Service and sent the gift through ordinary parcel mail when the Japanese postman promised that the longest it will take to arrive in the Philippines is 20 days for a futsu mail. My wiser kunsensya was telling me "lumluman pa na sa custom and kung magustuhan goodbye na", while the kinder one hoped, "hindi naman takaw sa mata ang box ko, plus sa Makati naman ipapadala and I still believe that Filipinos are still worth dying for.." But, 48 years na ang nakakaraan wala pa rin. And what made it even worse was when I asked my cousin to call Makati Post Office to inquire and this is what the person on the other line said "Ma'am kung ordinary mail wala pong assurance na makakarating." Itaga nyo yan sa bato, even better, gawin nyong motto before even thinking of sending something back home. I couldn't believe it, our Postal Service couldn't even promise to deliver the most fundamental reason why they are there. So when I lost all my hopes, I crammed to buy Mau another gift in the middle of a very, very busy work week, so Maila could bring it when she left for her christmas vacation.

Oopps, I got carried away with my side note. I just actually wanted to thank my Mommy Claire for the fabulous gifts from the fabulous US of A. Obvious talaga ang pagkakikay ko sa gifts niya. A complete set of Morning and Evening Olay Regenerist plus 3 kinds of Burts Bees tinted Lip Balm! from the wishlist talaga.


Since santa said I've been good this year, may bonus pa na package from Europe! Royal Mail pa, which made me feel like the wife of Prince William na may matching messenger pa na naka kabayo hehehe.

Salamat Georgia!

2 in 1 perfume with bolang krystal or sosyal na bato ni Darna?
(kidding aside, the smell is like you're fresh out from the shower)

Plus I also received a snail mail christmas card from Maricris, since it was addressed to Dan and Me, it was officially the first christmas card we received as a couple.

Call me old-fashioned but what made the gifts and cards more exciting was it came in snail mail which we very seldom use nowadays. The hand-written envelopes, and cards gave it a more personal touch, I even found myself telling Hubby "ito pala writing ni Crys noh?" or "pang electrical engineer lagi writing ni Georgia." and of course it made me miss my friends even more.

To VPALs, thank you for the wonderful years of friendship!

No comments: