Thursday, January 10, 2008

To Ski or or not to Ski

The pinoys here are planning to drive up to Tenzan Highland in Saga for some skiing adventure. The price is a little steep for Y6000 (or 2300 pesos) per beginner plus we have to chip in for the gas so I am contemplating if Hubby and I should go. I am not kuripot nor have I sulked in to my shell and bade goodbye to adventures BUT it's just because of these horror stories Hubby tells me about skiing. He said he saw one person who learned to split instead of ski and tore her pants in the process. And I don't want that to happen to me kasi kakabili ko lang nung pants ko sa GAP and it's so darn hard to shop for a pair of pants! and also he told me that I'll get body sore after and I will surely be absent from work the next day. When I said, I'll just rent a sled, he just teased me more with "sinong hihila ng sled mo?" and when I said I will just sled like that video I saw of Jan W., he said "mag sled ka pababa tapos ndi ka na makahinto, tuloy-tuloy na hanggang sa pinakababa hanggang mawala ka na." - que horror.

So what should I do? The closest ice activity I had was ice skating in mega mall, and that wasn't even a nice experience to relate to, that is why I'm not sure if all his stories can really happen to me coz I don't have a single idea on skiing.

Is it worth trying? will I enjoy it? should we go or not?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi ria, 6000yen? that's really cheap. Heck i paid almost 30,000yen for my ski experience last year and I did not regret it at all.

I think the one-day ticket for the lift is expensive, maybe the resort have individual ticket, bali palit lang ka or isa or duha ba kay kapoy gyud murag one try nimo kay satisfied na ka.. so basin mas maka save ka ana.

also kung naa "short-ski" a shorter version of the normal ski, mas nindot pod na siya gamiton mas sayon of mas gaan siya.

Try it, para makabalo ka kung worth it ba og dili hehehee.. pero lingaw ang mag ski , i just hate the lift hehehee ..